“1. Never trust a boy who speaks in rhymes.
2. The amount of flowers he brings you doesn’t mean as much as you may perceive it to be.
3. The way he treats your siblings will reflect how he treats his own family - the same goes for how he treats animals.
4. If he opens up to you, search for the genuineness instead of absorbing every words that comes out of his mouth
5. No matter what you convince yourself to believe, or what he convinces you to believe, you do not need him.
6. Break ups are made to build up; a couple of tears were never a reason to give up permanently.
7. If he emphasizes your flaws, then he has to fix himself before he can even consider being a part of your life.
8. How tightly he holds your hand can demonstrate two types of personalities, it really depends on how tightly you hold his.
9. Intimacy is heard through the eyes, felt through the memories, and experienced through happiness. Never let anyone convince you otherwise.
10. If he treats you like a queen, treat him equally. If he reduces in attention, you mimic. This is not fire with fire, but mutual understanding.
10. If he does speak in rhymes, speak to him in riddles.”—Advice to my little sister about boys. (via itsbrandonswan)
girls here are so easy, I didn’t have to ask any of my 5 questions, we were just dancing and then she pulled on my tie and that was it…. she was horrible though, she didn’t even open her mouth so then I turned around and started making out with megan, she was great
“You don’t know anyone at the party, so you don’t want to go. You don’t like cottage cheese, so you haven’t eaten it in years. This is your choice, of course, but don’t kid yourself: it’s also the flinch. Your personality is not set in stone. You may think a morning coffee is the most enjoyable thing in the world, but it’s really just a habit. Thirty days without it, and you would be fine. You think you have a soul mate, but in fact you could have had any number of spouses. You would have evolved differently, but been just as happy.
You can change what you want about yourself at any time. You see yourself as someone who can’t write or play an instrument, who gives in to temptation or makes bad decisions, but that’s really not you. It’s not ingrained. It’s not your personality. Your personality is something else, something deeper than just preferences, and these details on the surface, you can change anytime you like.
If it is useful to do so, you must abandon your identity and start again. Sometimes, it’s the only way.
Set fire to your old self. It’s not needed here. It’s too busy shopping, gossiping about others, and watching days go by and asking why you haven’t gotten as far as you’d like. This old self will die and be forgotten by all but family, and replaced by someone who makes a difference.
Your new self is not like that. Your new self is the Great Chicago Fire—overwhelming, overpowering, and destroying everything that isn’t necessary.”—Julien Smith, The Flinch (via evad-e)
I got to finally talk to my best friend after like three weeks of horrible communication on our part, also thankfully she is home in 10 days so then we can do nothing together and it will be great. it’s been six months since I’ve seen her, uni life u suck
I got lots of compliments on my hair and they say it looks great, only problem: first month or so when you get it wet, it smells horrible and I like to air dry my hair so basically I am dying right now
you had a good day and are feeling happy for the first time in weeks and that makes me feel so good. I missed hearing you like this and hearing those words again. 19 days I can’t wait any longer for you
my bb carly had her first shift at my store so we got to work together and it seems like it went well. we don’t want our boss to know that we’ve been best friends for like 8 years cause she probably won’t schedule us together, we just wanted to laugh when she introduced us to each other
“You will fall in love with someone who’s cold and always seemingly pushing you away. When all is said and done, they will be forever known as the one person you couldn’t get to love you. Unfortunately, it will hurt and sting worse than the good ones, the ones that chopped up your meat for you and picked out an eyelash from your eye and were nice to your mother, because love often feels like a game we need to win.”—The People You Will Fall in Love With in Your 20s (Ryan O’Connell)
“Nineteen things I’ve learned before I turned nineteen.
1. Always carry $5 and a lighter with you (even if you don’t smoke).
2. Ask every person you meet how their day is going. Genuinely ask with the soul intention of learning how their day is. Ask the coffee shop employee. Ask the person next to you in line at Walmart. Ask your distant friend. Ask everyone.
3. Take many photos of yourself. Take photos of yourself when you’re happy. Take photos of yourself when you’re sad. Take photos of yourself because there are millions of trees in the world, and we all look at the same sky, but there is only one of you.
4. Stay in contact with your parents. Try not to hate them. They are the reason you have the ability to feel anything at all. Try not to hate your parents.
5. Opening your skin will not set your demons free. Open your heart. Open your mind. Open your hands.
6. Nobody knows anybody completely. That’s okay.
7. Be gentle, but be aggressive. Take a stand. Nobody hears your voice if you stay silent.
8. Respect everybody. We are all humans trying to survive. We all deserve respect.
9. Wearing black will ALWAYS make you feel better about yourself.
10. Always give tips, whether it be a couple extra dollars or a piece of mind. You never know how much you could be helping someone.
11. Change is the only thing consistent in life. Do not allow that bother you. Embrace chance and move with life, whichever direction it chooses to take you.
12. Smile often. Smile at strangers. Smile at your friends. Smile when nobody is looking and you’re alone in your bedroom. Smile when somebody is rambling to you.
13. Body image means nothing. Your body is merely just a seatbelt in the car. Your body is here to protect you. You choose the direction you go, and your body will not hold you back. Only you can hold yourself back.
14. Don’t hold grudges. Don’t allow yourself to hate anybody. Forgive them. Learn to love them for the person you never got to see them to be. Believe that a beautiful human exists in that person. Wish them well.
15. Drink orange juice. Lots of it.
16. Don’t allow the opinions of others to choose your destiny. We are all simply trying to live our own life.
17. Sing all the time. Sing off key. Sing in a silly voice. Sing like you’re on stage. Sing no matter who is around. Singing is breathing for the soul. Sing.
18. Take time to think. Write your feelings down. Write letters to the people you love. Texting is overrated and not as heartfelt as a nice handwritten letter.
19. Live for yourself. Breathe for yourself. Do everything in your life for nobody but you. This is your life. This is it.”—(via maikalehua)
“1. If you like someone, wait.
2. Give lots of compliments, even if you’re shy. Everyone else is too.
3. Change. Get a haircut, try new perfume, get new sheets. Become better than you were before.
4. Eat healthier. Learn to cook something fancy.
5. Get up earlier and watch the sun come up.
6. Wear soft clothes, take a bath, drink something warm.
7. Meet someone new, even just a friend.
8. Become closer with your friends and your family. Call your mother. Cry with your best friend. Tell everyone how much you appreciate them.
9. Keep your room clean. Buy some candles. Let the natural light in.
10. Make a list of reasons why you’ll be better off without them. Believe they are true, because they are.
11. Listen to new music.
12. Write everything you’re thinking and feeling. Write letters. Write happy letters, sad letters, and angry letters, even if you’re never going to send them.
13. It’s okay to be sad, but not forever. Sadness is not as beautiful as music makes it seem. Lack of sleep makes your eyes droopy, not deep. Wake up every morning and tell yourself you’re going to have a good day.
14. Go to the library. Don’t forget to look in the music section.
15. Remove them from your life. Get rid of the things they gave you if they make you sad. They’re not worth it. You will never be happy if you continue to hold on to the things that make you sad.
16. Make new memories.
17. Try to find something to appreciate in everything you do or experience.
18. Being alone is okay, you don’t have to surround yourself with people.
19. Become your own best friend. Buy yourself coffee and drink it alone in a cafe. Take your time.
20. Learn to love every bit of yourself.”—
"you want to adopt kids, a boy and a girl. I remember, your favorite city is new york and I know you love lisbon more than any other place. don’t say I don’t know and remember every detail you’ve ever told me. I also remember the first time we met and we were sitting at this table and I didn’t know how to strike up a conversation so I brought up my ex girlfriend and that is the only reason I am happy to have dated her because it brought us together because look at us now"